Plan, direct, or coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services. Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
- Air Export Logistics Manager
- Corporate Logistics Manager
- Corporate Traffic Manager
- Customer Logistics Manager
- Dedicated Logistics Manager
- Global Logistics Manager
- Integrated Logistics Programs Director
- Integrated Logistics Support Manager (ILS Manager)
- International Logistics Manager
- Logistics and Planning Manager
- Develop plans or set goals to reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities.
- Implement or monitor carbon or environmental management, accounting, or audit systems.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Working Conditions, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2012, the average annual wage in New Jersey was $107,110 with most people making between $64,330 and $163,260
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 4,750 people in New Jersey. It is projected that there will be 4,250 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 130 replacement openings for approximately 130 total annual openings.
majorAccounting and Business/Management
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
collegeMountain View College
collegeCalifornia State University-Los Angeles
collegeAzusa Pacific University
majorLogistics, Materials, and Supply Chain Management