Plan, direct, or coordinate gaming operations in a casino. May formulate house rules.
- Baccarat Manager
- Bingo Manager
- Blackjack Manager
- Blackjack Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cardroom Manager
- Card Room Manager
- Casino Manager
- Craps Manager
- Notify board attendants of table vacancies so that waiting patrons can play.
- Direct the compilation of summary sheets that show wager amounts and payoffs for races or events.
- Record, collect, or pay off bets, issuing receipts as necessary.
- Review operational expenses, budget estimates, betting accounts, or collection reports for accuracy.
- Monitor credit extended to players.
- Set and maintain a bank and table limit for each game.
- Track supplies of money to tables and perform any required paperwork.
- Establish policies on issues such as the type of gambling offered and the odds, the extension of credit, or the serving of food and beverages.
- Direct the distribution of complimentary hotel rooms, meals, or other discounts or free items given to players, based on their length of play and betting totals.
- Prepare work schedules and station arrangements and keep attendance records.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2013, the average annual wage in Washington was $73,530 with most people making between $41,120 and $117,320
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 330 people in Washington. It is projected that there will be 350 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have about 2 openings due to growth and about -2 replacement openings for approximately - total annual openings.
collegeUniversity of California-Los Angeles
majorMechatronics, Robotics, and Automation Engineering
collegeUniversity of Southern California
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
collegeUniversity of California-Berkeley
collegeSan Diego State University