Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or department that provides lodging and other accommodations.
- Agricultural Labor Camp Manager
- Apartment Coordinator
- Bed and Breakfast Innkeeper
- Boardinghouse Keeper
- Camp Director
- Campground Manager
- Director of Front Office
- Director of Housing
- Dude Ranch Manager
- Front Desk Manager
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Greet and register guests.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve occupants' complaints.
- Monitor the revenue activity of the hotel or facility.
- Train staff members.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility's policies and procedures.
- Coordinate front-office activities of hotels or motels, and resolve problems.
- Participate in financial activities such as the setting of room rates, the establishment of budgets, and the allocation of funds to departments.
- Collect payments and record data pertaining to funds and expenditures.
- Manage and maintain temporary or permanent lodging facilities.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Achievement in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2013, the average annual wage in United States was $55,810 with most people making between $28,550 and $92,480
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 51,000 people in United States. It is projected that there will be 55,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 18,000 replacement openings for approximately 18,000 total annual openings.
- Sales Managers
- Food Service Managers
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
onetFood Service Managers
collegeColorado Mountain College
collegeUniversity of Southern California
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
collegeCommonwealth Institute of Funeral Service
majorHospitality Administration/Management, General
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General