Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or department that provides lodging and other accommodations.
- Tourist Home Keeper
- Tourist Cabin Keeper
- Rooms Director
- Rooming House Operator
- Rooming House Keeper
- Resort Manager
- Resort Keeper
- Resident Manager
- Recreational Vehicle Resort Manager
- Recreational Resort Manager
- Book tickets for guests for local tours and attractions.
- Meet with clients to schedule and plan details of conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions.
- Organize and coordinate the work of staff and convention personnel for meetings to be held at a particular facility.
- Perform marketing and public relations activities.
- Purchase supplies, and arrange for outside services, such as deliveries, laundry, maintenance and repair, and trash collection.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operation of a department or establishment.
- Arrange telephone answering services, deliver mail and packages, or answer questions regarding locations for eating and entertainment.
- Show, rent, or assign accommodations.
- Receive and process advance registration payments, mail letters of confirmation, or return checks when registrations cannot be accepted.
- Assign duties to workers, and schedule shifts.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Achievement in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2013, the average annual wage in New Jersey was $65,770 with most people making between $34,100 and $100,190
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 1,500 people in New Jersey. It is projected that there will be 1,500 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately 30 job openings annually.
- Sales Managers
- Food Service Managers
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
onetFood Service Managers
collegeColorado Mountain College
collegeUniversity of Southern California
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
collegeCommonwealth Institute of Funeral Service
majorHospitality Administration/Management, General
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General