Plan, direct, or coordinate production activities of an organization to ensure compliance with regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Regulatory Process Manager
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Regulatory Affairs Director
- Regulatory Administrator
- Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Quality Assurance Director
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Manager
- Monitor regulatory affairs trends that are related to environmental issues.
- Monitor regulatory affairs activities to ensure that they are aligned with corporate sustainability or green initiatives.
- Evaluate regulatory affairs aspects that are specifically green, such as the use of toxic substances in packaging, carbon footprinting issues, or green policy implementation.
- Develop relationships with state or federal environmental regulatory agencies to learn about and analyze the potential impacts of proposed environmental policy regulations.
- Evaluate new software publishing systems and confer with regulatory agencies concerning news or updates related to electronic publishing of submissions.
- Coordinate internal discoveries and depositions with legal department staff.
- Contribute to the development or implementation of business unit strategic and operating plans.
- Establish procedures or systems for publishing document submissions either in hardcopy or electronic formats.
- Monitor emerging trends regarding industry regulations to determine potential impacts on organizational processes.
- Train staff in regulatory policies or procedures.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Medicine and Dentistry - Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Biology - Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2014, the average annual wage in New Jersey was $127,710
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 43,430 people in New Jersey. It is projected that there will be 46,400 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 297 openings due to growth and about 953 replacement openings for approximately 1,250 total annual openings.
collegeCalifornia State University-Fresno
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
collegeUniversity of Southern California
onetRadio and Television Announcers