Plan, direct, or coordinate programs designed to promote the religious education or activities of a denominational group. May provide counseling and guidance relative to marital, health, financial, and religious problems.
- Youth Worker
- Youth Pastor
- Youth Ministry Director
- Youth Minister
- Youth Director
- Youth Counselor
- Youth Coordinator
- Women's Ministry Director
- Vice Chancellor
- Sunday School Superintendent
- Interpret religious education activities to the public through speaking, leading discussions, or writing articles for local or national publications.
- Visit congregational members' homes or arrange for pastoral visits to provide information or resources regarding religious education programs.
- Plan or conduct conferences dealing with the interpretation of religious ideas or convictions.
- Participate in denominational activities aimed at goals such as promoting interfaith understanding or providing aid to new or small congregations.
- Locate and distribute resources, such as periodicals or curricula, to enhance the effectiveness of educational programs.
- Attend workshops, seminars, or conferences to obtain program ideas, information, or resources.
- Analyze revenue and program cost data to determine budget priorities.
- Publicize programs through sources such as newsletters, bulletins, or mailings.
- Confer with clergy members, congregational officials, or congregational organizations to encourage support of or participation in religious education activities.
- Schedule special events such as camps, conferences, meetings, seminars, or retreats.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ESC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Social and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Achievement and Independence in their jobs.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2013, the average annual wage in New Jersey was $57,780 with most people making between $34,710 and $95,040
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 250 people in New Jersey. It is projected that there will be 300 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation
collegeUniversity of Southern California
onetEducational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
collegeUniversity of the Pacific
onetChild, Family, and School Social Workers
majorMissions/Missionary Studies and Missiology