Prepare, plan, and operate multimedia teaching aids for use in education. May record, catalogue, and file materials.
- Audio Video Technician
- Audio Visual Coordinator
- Audio Visual Secretary
- Audio Visual Specialist
- Audio Visual Technician
- Audio-Visual Arts Director
- Audio-Visual Collections Coordinator
- Audio-Visual Director
- Audio-Visual Specialist
- Audiovisual Production Specialist
- Set up, adjust, and operate audiovisual equipment such as cameras, film and slide projectors, and recording equipment, for meetings, events, classes, seminars and video conferences.
- Maintain hardware and software, including computers, scanners, color copiers, and color laser printers.
- Install audiovisual equipment.
- Instruct users in the selection, use, and design of audiovisual materials, and assist them in the preparation of instructional materials and the rehearsal of presentations.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assistants and other personnel during production.
- Plan and prepare audiovisual teaching aids and methods for use in school systems.
- Determine formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums necessary to meet production objectives effectively and within budgetary constraints.
- Perform simple maintenance tasks such as cleaning monitors and lenses and changing batteries and light bulbs.
- Acquire, catalog, and maintain collections of audiovisual material such as films, video- and audio-tapes, photographs, and software programs.
- Attend conventions and conferences, read trade journals, and communicate with industry insiders to keep abreast of industry developments.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2013, the average annual wage in New Jersey was $62,960 with most people making between $28,090 and $95,020
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 50 people in New Jersey. It is projected that there will be 50 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation
onetAudio and Video Equipment Technicians
collegeFresno Pacific University
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
onetFilm and Video Editors
collegeUniversity of Southern California
collegeLoma Linda University
collegeSacramento City College