Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils.
- Kitchen Steward
- Pan Cleaner
- Kitchen Helper
- Breakdown Person
- Bus Person Dishwasher
- Dish Room Worker
- Dish Stacker
- Dish Technician
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Set up banquet tables.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2013, the average annual wage in United States was $19,180 with most people making between $16,330 and $23,660
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 510,000 people in United States. It is projected that there will be 546,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 3,000 openings due to growth and about 265,000 replacement openings for approximately 268,000 total annual openings.
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
collegeUniversity of Southern California
collegeCity College of San Francisco
collegeLong Beach City College
majorCinematography and Film/Video Production
onetCooks, Fast Food
onetWaiters and Waitresses
majorBaking and Pastry Arts/Baker/Pastry Chef
majorCriminal Justice/Police Science
onetChefs and Head Cooks
collegeSan Jose State University