Directly supervise and coordinate work activities of cleaning personnel in hotels, hospitals, offices, and other establishments.
- Building Cleaning Supervisor
- Building Maintenance Supervisor
- Building Services Supervisor
- Building Superintendent, Cleaning, Painting, Maintenance
- Building Superintendent, Custodian, Janitor, Maintenance
- Building Supervisor
- Buildings and Grounds Coordinator
- Buildings and Grounds Director
- Buildings and Grounds Superintendent
- Buildings and Grounds Supervisor
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Confer with staff to resolve performance and personnel problems, and to discuss company policies.
- Establish and implement operational standards and procedures for the departments supervised.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Maintain required records of work hours, budgets, payrolls, and other information.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
- Check and maintain equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in Washington was $40,790.00 with most people making between $23,930.00 and $59,460.00
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 3,580 people in Washington. It is projected that there will be 4,170 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have about 60 openings due to growth and about 40 replacement openings for approximately 100 total annual openings.
- Food Service Managers
- First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
majorLandscaping and Groundskeeping
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeCalifornia Institute of Technology
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeUniversity of Montevallo
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
collegeUniversity of California-Berkeley
collegeJacksonville State University