Supervise and coordinate activities of workers in assigned gaming areas. Circulate among tables and observe operations. Ensure that stations and games are covered for each shift. May explain and interpret operating rules of house to patrons. May plan and organize activities and services for guests in hotels/casinos. May address service complaints.
- 21 Floor Supervisor
- Blackjack Pit Boss
- Black Jack Pit Boss
- Blackjack Supervisor
- Box Person
- Cage Manager
- Cardroom Manager
- Casino Floorperson
- Casino Floor Person
- Casino Manager
- Review operational expenses, budget estimates, betting accounts, or collection reports for accuracy.
- Provide fire protection or first-aid assistance when necessary.
- Interview, hire, or train workers.
- Establish policies on types of gambling offered, odds, or extension of credit.
- Determine how many gaming tables to open each day and schedule staff accordingly.
- Direct workers compiling summary sheets for each race or event to record amounts wagered and amounts to be paid to winners.
- Monitor and verify the counting, wrapping, weighing, and distribution of currency and coins.
- Record, issue receipts for, and pay off bets.
- Monitor patrons for signs of compulsive gambling, offering assistance if necessary.
- Evaluate workers' performance and prepare written performance evaluations.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in United States was $49,700 with most people making between $30,910 and $70,670
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 36,000 people in United States. It is projected that there will be 38,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 9,000 replacement openings for approximately 9,000 total annual openings.
collegeCalifornia State University-Los Angeles
majorCriminal Justice/Police Science
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
majorGame and Interactive Media Design
collegeSanta Rosa Junior College
collegeUniversity of Southern California
collegeCalifornia State Polytechnic University-Pomona