Supervise and coordinate activities of slot department workers to provide service to patrons. Handle and settle complaints of players. Verify and pay off jackpots. Reset slot machines after payoffs. Make repairs or adjustments to slot machines or recommend removal of slot machines for repair. Report hazards and enforce safety rules.
- Coordinate and oversee the work of slot department workers, including change runners and slot technicians.
- Enforce safety rules, and report or remove safety hazards as well as guests who are underage, intoxicated, disruptive, or cheating.
- Attach out of order signs to malfunctioning machines, and notify technicians when machines need to be repaired or removed.
- Answer patrons' questions about gaming machine functions and payouts.
- Exchange currency for customers, converting currency into requested combinations of bills and coins.
- Record the specifics of malfunctioning machines and document malfunctions needing repair.
- Perform minor repairs or make adjustments to slot machines, resolving problems such as machine tilts and coin jams.
- Reset slot machines after payoffs.
- Patrol assigned areas to ensure that players are following rules and that machines are functioning correctly.
- Respond to and resolve patrons' complaints.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2014, the average annual wage in New Jersey was n/a
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 280 people in New Jersey. It is projected that there will be 250 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 10 replacement openings for approximately 10 total annual openings.
collegeSan Diego State University
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeDe Anza College
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
majorSelling Skills and Sales Operations
collegeFresno City College
majorAccounting and Finance
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeNorthwestern Polytechnic University
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers