Select, fit, and take care of costumes for cast members, and aid entertainers. May assist with multiple costume changes during performances.
- Clothing Supervisor
- Costume Cutter
- Costume Designer
- Costume Draper
- Costume Mistress
- Costume Seamstress
- Costume Shop Manager
- Costume Specialist
- Costumer Assistant
- Distribute costumes or related equipment and keep records of item status.
- Arrange costumes in order of use to facilitate quick-change procedures for performances.
- Return borrowed or rented items when productions are complete and return other items to storage.
- Clean and press costumes before and after performances and perform any minor repairs.
- Assign lockers to employees and maintain locker rooms, dressing rooms, wig rooms, or costume storage or laundry areas.
- Provide assistance to cast members in wearing costumes, or assign cast dressers to assist specific cast members with costume changes.
- Design or construct costumes or send them to tailors for construction, major repairs, or alterations.
- Purchase, rent, or requisition costumes or other wardrobe necessities.
- Check the appearance of costumes on stage or under lights to determine whether desired effects are being achieved.
- Inventory stock to determine types or conditions of available costuming.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Fine Arts - Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in Washington was $35,670.00 with most people making between $25,300.00 and $46,710.00
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 80 people in Washington. It is projected that there will be 90 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
- Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria
- Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Manicurists and Pedicurists
- Tour Guides and Escorts
- Telephone Operators
- Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Library Assistants, Clerical
- Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- Office Clerks, General
collegeColumbus State University
collegeEl Camino Community College District
onetMakeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance
onetSet and Exhibit Designers