Rent, buy, or sell property for clients. Perform duties, such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts. Includes agents who represent buyer.
- Sales Superintendent
- Sales Agent
- Right-of-Way Buyer
- Right-of-Way Agent
- Right of Way Agent
- Residence Leasing Agent
- Real Estate Salesperson
- Real Estate Sales Agent
- Real Estate Rental Agent
- Contact utility companies for service hookups to clients' property.
- Locate and appraise undeveloped areas for building sites, based on evaluations of area market conditions.
- Visit properties to assess them before showing them to clients.
- Review plans for new construction with clients, enumerating and recommending available options and features.
- Solicit and compile listings of available rental properties.
- Secure construction or purchase financing with own firm or mortgage company.
- Rent or lease properties on behalf of clients.
- Appraise properties to determine loan values.
- Arrange meetings between buyers and sellers when details of transactions need to be negotiated.
- Evaluate mortgage options to help clients obtain financing at the best prevailing rates and terms.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2013, the average annual wage in United States was $53,140 with most people making between $21,240 and $98,090
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 367,000 people in United States. It is projected that there will be 412,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 4,000 openings due to growth and about 123,000 replacement openings for approximately 127,000 total annual openings.
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
- Public Relations Specialists
- Copy Writers
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- Sales Agents, Financial Services
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Driver/Sales Workers
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
collegeUniversity of Southern California
onetReal Estate Brokers
onetAppraisers, Real Estate
collegeLoma Linda University
onetInsurance Sales Agents
collegeLong Beach City College
collegeUniversity of California-Davis
majorReal Estate Development