Prepare and distribute bank statements to customers, answer inquiries, and reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts.
- Statement Services Representative
- Statement Processor
- Statement Distribution Clerk
- Statement Clerk
- Reconciling Clerk
- Reconciliation Clerk
- Operations Clerk
- Item Processing Clerk
- Data Processor
- Check Totaler
- Maintain files of canceled checks and customers' signatures.
- Load machines with statements, cancelled checks, or envelopes to prepare statements for distribution to customers or stuff envelopes by hand.
- Encode and cancel checks, using bank machines.
- Take orders for imprinted checks.
- Match statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
- Compare previously prepared bank statements with canceled checks and reconcile discrepancies.
- Weigh envelopes containing statements to determine correct postage and affix postage, using stamps or metering equipment.
- Fix minor problems, such as equipment jams, and notify repair personnel of major equipment problems.
- Monitor equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Route statements for mailing or over-the-counter delivery to customers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CES.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2013, the average annual wage in New Jersey was $38,540 with most people making between $26,660 and $52,900
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 21,750 people in New Jersey. It is projected that there will be 23,100 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have about 135 openings due to growth and about 355 replacement openings for approximately 490 total annual openings.
- Library Technicians
- Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Correspondence Clerks
- Municipal Clerks
- License Clerks
- Credit Authorizers
- Library Assistants, Clerical
- New Accounts Clerks
- Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Postal Service Clerks
- Medical Secretaries
- Insurance Claims Clerks
- Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Office Clerks, General
onetCustomer Service Representatives
collegeCity College of San Francisco
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
collegeFresno City College
majorGeneral Office Occupations and Clerical Services
onetOffice Clerks, General
majorBanking and Financial Support Services