Accommodate hotel, motel, and resort patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
- Assistant Innkeeper
- Desk Clerk
- Floor Clerk
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Associate
- Front Desk Attendant
- Front Desk Clerk
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Representative
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
- Post charges, such those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CES.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in United States was $21,960.00 with most people making between $16,590.00 and $30,220.00
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 227,000 people in United States. It is projected that there will be 252,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 2,000 openings due to growth and about 113,000 replacement openings for approximately 115,000 total annual openings.
collegeCalifornia State University-Long Beach
majorAirline Flight Attendant
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
onetReceptionists and Information Clerks
onetOffice Clerks, General
collegeSan Diego State University
collegeSan Francisco State University
collegeGolden Gate University-San Francisco
onetCustomer Service Representatives