Print and attach price tickets to articles of merchandise using one or several methods, such as marking price on tickets by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- Grey Goods Marker
- Grocery Clerk, Marking
- In Store Marketing Associate (ISM Associate)
- Inventory and Pricing Associate
- Label Maker
- Marking Clerk
- Merchandise Marker
- Price Changer
- Pricing Associate
- Put price information on tickets, marking by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- Compare printed price tickets with entries on purchase orders to verify accuracy and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Pin, paste, sew, tie, or staple tickets, tags, or labels to article.
- Record number and types of articles marked and pack articles in boxes.
- Mark selling price by hand on boxes containing merchandise.
- Record price, buyer, and grade of product on tickets attached to products auctioned.
- Keep records of production, returned goods, and related transactions.
- Indicate item size, style, color, and inspection results on tags, tickets, and labels, using rubber stamp or writing instrument.
- Change the price of books in a warehouse.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CRE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Realistic and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2013, the average annual wage in United States was $24,940 with most people making between $17,040 and $37,540
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 1,787,000 people in United States. It is projected that there will be 1,808,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 2,000 openings due to growth and about 463,000 replacement openings for approximately 465,000 total annual openings.
majorMarketing/Marketing Management, General
majorBanking and Financial Support Services
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
majorGeneral Office Occupations and Clerical Services
collegeBaldwin Park Adult & Community Education
collegeAbram Friedman Occupational Center
collegeClovis Adult Education
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers