Apply interior or exterior plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials. May also set ornamental plaster.
- Artisan Plasterer
- Dry Plasterer
- Journey Level Plasterer
- Molding Plasterer
- Ornamental Plasterer
- Plasterer Apprentice
- Mold or install ornamental plaster pieces, panels, or trim.
- Spray acoustic materials or texture finish over walls or ceilings.
- Install guide wires on exterior surfaces of buildings to indicate thickness of plaster or stucco and nail wire mesh, lath, or similar materials to the outside surface to hold stucco in place.
- Apply weatherproof, decorative coverings to exterior surfaces of buildings, such as by troweling or spraying on coats of stucco.
- Rough the undercoat surface with a scratcher so the finish coat will adhere.
- Clean and prepare surfaces for applications of plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials, such as by drywall taping.
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces.
- Apply insulation to building exteriors by installing prefabricated insulation systems over existing walls or by covering the outer wall with insulation board, reinforcing mesh, and a base coat.
- Create decorative textures in finish coat, using brushes or trowels, sand, pebbles, or stones.
- Mix mortar and plaster to desired consistency or direct workers who perform mixing.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: R.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in United States was $41,860 with most people making between $23,880 and $68,880
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 27,000 people in United States. It is projected that there will be 32,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 10,000 replacement openings for approximately 10,000 total annual openings.
collegeJefferson State Community College
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
majorAutobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician
collegeBishop State Community College
majorCarpet, Floor, and Tile Worker
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeJ F Drake State Community and Technical College
majorConstruction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation