Help brickmasons, blockmasons, stonemasons, or tile and marble setters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Adobe Layer Helper
- Boat Joiner Helper
- Boring Machine Operator Helper
- Brick Carrier
- Brick Cleaner
- Brick Tender
- Brick Washer
- Bricklayer Helper
- Bricklayer Tender
- Mix mortar, plaster, and grout, manually or using machines, according to standard formulas.
- Erect scaffolding or other installation structures.
- Cut materials to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
- Modify material moving, mixing, grouting, grinding, polishing, or cleaning procedures, according to installation or material requirements.
- Transport materials, tools, or machines to installation sites, manually or using conveyance equipment.
- Provide assistance in the preparation, installation, repair, or rebuilding of tile, brick, or stone surfaces.
- Locate and supply materials to masons for installation, following drawings or numbered sequences.
- Arrange or store materials, machines, tools, or equipment.
- Clean installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, or storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
- Move or position materials such as marble slabs, using cranes, hoists, or dollies.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: R.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2013, the average annual wage in New Jersey was $31,890 with most people making between $20,730 and $47,910
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 850 people in New Jersey. It is projected that there will be 900 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately 20 job openings annually.
- Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Rough Carpenters
- Tile and Marble Setters
- Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Construction Laborers
- Plasterers and Stucco Masons
- Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
- Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians
- Refractory Materials Repairers, Except Brickmasons
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
collegeLos Angeles Trade Technical College
majorConstruction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeGeorgia College & State University
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
majorCarpet, Floor, and Tile Worker
collegeAtlanta Technical College