Help electricians by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Utilities Ground Worker
- Unindentured Apprentice
- Tower Erector Helper
- Stage Electrician Helper
- Protective Signal Repairer Helper
- Protective Signal Installer Helper
- Marine Electrician Helper
- Journeyman Electrician
- House Wirer Helper
- Paint a variety of objects related to electrical functions.
- Operate cutting torches and welding equipment, while working with conduit and metal components to construct devices associated with electrical functions.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
- Trim trees and clear undergrowth along right-of-way.
- Solder electrical connections, using soldering iron.
- String transmission lines or cables through ducts or conduits, under the ground, through equipment, or to towers.
- Requisition materials, using warehouse requisition or release forms.
- Break up concrete, using airhammer, to facilitate installation, construction, or repair of equipment.
- Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials, using hoist, hand line, or block and tackle.
- Dig trenches or holes for installation of conduit or supports.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Physics - Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2013, the average annual wage in United States was $28,920 with most people making between $19,050 and $39,690
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 73,000 people in United States. It is projected that there will be 96,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 2,000 openings due to growth and about 40,000 replacement openings for approximately 42,000 total annual openings.
collegeJ F Drake State Community and Technical College
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
collegeUniversity of Alabama in Huntsville
collegePennsylvania College of Technology
majorElectrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General
majorElectrical and Power Transmission Installation/Installer, General
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeGadsden State Community College