Operate or tend machines to bleach, shrink, wash, dye, or finish textiles or synthetic or glass fibers.
- Ager Operator
- Ager Tender
- Aging Box Hand
- Ammonia Box Operator
- Ammonia Box Tender
- Ash Kier Boiler
- Autoclave Operator
- Back Washer
- Bag Bleacher
- Creel machines with bobbins or twine.
- Install, level, and align components such as gears, chains, dies, cutters, and needles.
- Ravel seams that connect cloth ends when processing is completed.
- Perform machine maintenance, such as cleaning and oiling equipment, and repair or replace worn or defective parts.
- Mount rolls of cloth on machines, using hoists, or place textile goods in machines or pieces of equipment.
- Thread ends of cloth or twine through specified sections of equipment prior to processing.
- Soak specified textile products for designated times.
- Key in processing instructions to program electronic equipment.
- Sew ends of cloth together, by hand or using machines, to form endless lengths of cloth to facilitate processing.
- Weigh ingredients to be mixed together for use in textile processing.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: R.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Chemistry - Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in Washington was $30,530 with most people making between $24,240 and $36,610
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately n/a people in Washington. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
- Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
majorConstruction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation
majorHealth and Physical Education/Fitness, General
majorMassage Therapy/Therapeutic Massage
majorAutobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician
collegeUniversity of California-Davis
onetAmbulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeCentral Alabama Community College
collegeSan Diego State University