Set up, operate, or tend machines that knit, loop, weave, or draw in textiles.
- Automatic Full-Fashioned Hosiery Knitting Machine Operator
- Automatic Pad-Making Machine Operator
- Axminster Weaver
- Belt Weaver
- Blanket Weaver
- Braid Pattern Setter
- Broadloom Weaver
- Carpet Loom Fixer
- Carpet Weaver
- Cloth Weaver
- Adjust machine heating mechanisms, tensions, and speeds to produce specified products.
- Install, level, and align machine components such as gears, chains, guides, dies, cutters, or needles to set up machinery for operation.
- Repair or replace worn or defective needles and other components, using hand tools.
- Study guides, loom patterns, samples, charts, or specification sheets, or confer with supervisors or engineering staff to determine setup requirements.
- Program electronic equipment.
- Wash and blend wool, yarn, or cloth.
- Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
- Clean, oil, and lubricate machines, using air hoses, cleaning solutions, rags, oil cans, or grease guns.
- Stop machines when specified amounts of product have been produced.
- Confer with co-workers to obtain information about orders, processes, or problems.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in Washington was $25,080 with most people making between $19,150 and $35,070
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately n/a people in Washington. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
majorCriminal Justice/Police Science
collegeTexas Tech University
collegeJ F Ingram State Technical College
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers