Park vehicles or issue tickets for customers in a parking lot or garage. May collect fee.
- Auto Hiker
- Auto Parker
- Automobile Relocation Engineer
- Car Chaser
- Car Hiker
- Car Hop
- Car Hopper
- Car Hostler
- Take numbered tags from customers, locate vehicles, and deliver vehicles, or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles.
- Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized.
- Direct motorists to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals or flashlights as necessary.
- Patrol parking areas in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property thefts.
- Park and retrieve automobiles for customers in parking lots, storage garages, or new car lots.
- Greet customers and open their car doors.
- Calculate parking charges, and collect fees from customers.
- Issue ticket stubs, or place numbered tags on windshields, and give customers matching tags for locating parked vehicles.
- Lift, position, and remove barricades in order to open or close parking areas.
- Inspect vehicles in order to detect any damage.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Support in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2012, the average annual wage in Washington was $23,930.00 with most people making between $19,120.00 and $32,200.00
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 3,420 people in Washington. It is projected that there will be 3,480 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have about 6 openings due to growth and about 124 replacement openings for approximately 130 total annual openings.
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Couriers and Messengers
- Meter Readers, Utilities
- Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
- Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors
majorAirline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
majorCriminal Justice/Police Science
majorCriminalistics and Criminal Science
collegeCalifornia State University-Fresno
collegeMonterey Peninsula College
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
collegeCalifornia State University-San Bernardino
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers