Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment in repair shop or parts store.
- Wholesale Parts Salesperson
- Sales Specialist
- Sales Assistant
- Parts Technician
- Parts Specialist
- Parts Salesperson
- Parts Salesman
- Parts Person
- Parts Manager
- Parts Counterperson
- Repair parts or equipment.
- Measure parts, using precision measuring instruments, to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required sizes.
- Place new merchandise on display.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
- Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
- Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
- Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
- Advise customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Take inventory of stock.
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Support in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2014, the average annual wage in Washington was $33,590 with most people making between $20,750 and $49,300
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 5,630 people in Washington. It is projected that there will be 6,620 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 99 openings due to growth and about 161 replacement openings for approximately 260 total annual openings.
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Gaming Dealers
- Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Sales Engineers
- Stock Clerks, Sales Floor
- Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
collegeModesto Junior College
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
majorSelling Skills and Sales Operations
collegePacific Union College
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeCalifornia State University-Stanislaus
collegeCalifornia State University-Northridge