Wind wire coils used in electrical components, such as resistors and transformers, and in electrical equipment and instruments, such as field cores, bobbins, armature cores, electrical motors, generators, and control equipment.
- Wire Wrapping Machine Operator
- Wire Winding Machine Tender
- Wire Winder
- Wire Coiler Machine Operator
- Wire Coiler
- Winder Operator
- Stator Winder
- Stator Connector
- Rotor Coil Taper
- Line slots with sheet insulation, and insert coils into slots.
- Disassemble and assemble motors, and repair and maintain electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
- Apply solutions or paints to wired electrical components, using hand tools, and bake components.
- Examine and test wired electrical components such as motors, armatures, and stators, using measuring devices, and record test results.
- Stop machines to remove completed components, using hand tools.
- Attach, alter, and trim materials such as wire, insulation, and coils, using hand tools.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Select and load materials such as workpieces, objects, and machine parts onto equipment used in coiling processes.
- Cut, strip, and bend wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers.
- Review work orders and specifications to determine materials needed and types of parts to be processed.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Working Conditions and Relationships in their jobs.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2014, the average annual wage in California was $27,830 with most people making between $19,310 and $44,260
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 1,300 people in California. It is projected that there will be 1,200 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 20 replacement openings for approximately 20 total annual openings.
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Sheet Metal Workers
- Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Sewing Machine Operators
- Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Machine Feeders and Offbearers
- Pump Operators, Except Wellhead Pumpers
majorConstruction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation
collegeJ F Drake State Community and Technical College
majorIndustrial Electronics Technology/Technician
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeBishop State Community College
collegeBevill State Community College
majorCommunications Systems Installation and Repair Technology
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers